Selena Gomez Gets a Kidney Transplant From Francia Raisa


As Gomez announced via Instagram Thursday, she had a good reason for taking time out of the spotlight. "I'm very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn't promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of," she said. "So I found out I needed to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus nd was recovering."                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Selena Gomez                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Gomez, who in 2015 publicly revealed that she is battling Lupus, said she needed a new organ to improve her "overall health." While she didn't want to go into too many details, she wrote, "I honestly look forward to sharing with you, soon my journey through these past several months as I have always wanted to do with you. Until then I want to publicly thank my family and incredible team of doctors for everything they have done for me prior to and post-surgery."

Selena Gomez
 Just a few months ago, Selena Gomez was seemingly everywhere.


With a new single to promote ("Bad Liar"), she graced the cover of Vogue and did multiple interviews. But then, as the summer went on, the 25-year-old pop star seemingly disappeared.




The singer admitted "there aren't enough words" to properly thank her "beautiful friend," 29-year-old Secret Life of the American Teenager star Francia Raisa. "She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much sis," the "Fetish" singer wrote. "Lupus continues to be very misunderstood but progress is being made."

Gomez posted photos of herself in the hospital with Raisa, as well as of her post-surgery scars. The singer ended her note by asking her followers to visit the Lupus Research Alliance website.
Raisa, meanwhile, has yet to public speak about her organ donation.

In 2014, E! News exclusively reported that Gomez had entered a treatment facility in Utah. "Selena voluntarily spent time at Meadows but not for substance abuse," her said at the time. One year later, she told Billboard why she needed that two-week break. "I was diagnosed with lupus, and I've been through chemotherapy. That's what my break was really about. I could've had a stroke. I wanted so badly to say, 'You guys have no idea. I'm in chemotherapy. You're a—holes,'" the singer recalled. "I locked myself away until I was confident and comfortable again."

Six months after she first discussed her diagnosis, she gave a health update to GQ. "I just have to be patient. It's slowly dissolving the older I get. And I just have to be patient and make great things with quality, from producing to singing to acting," Gomez said. "And one by one, I will be able to change the dialogue and people won't care about everything that's happened to me." She hated that people would often "fixate" on her Lupus, saying, "I needed time to just be OK."
Selena Gomez Gets a Kidney Transplant From Francia Raisa Selena Gomez Gets a Kidney Transplant From Francia Raisa Reviewed by B 2 THE U.COM on September 14, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Theme images by Flashworks. Powered by Blogger.